- 2 large whole jalapeños, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 packed cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to combine, then slowly add the olive oil with the machine running. Process until smooth.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to one week. Serve with chicken or pork or use as a salad dressing or dip.