Our Rib Roasts
Oregon Country Beef
Oregon Country Beef is a co-op of family ranches raising wholesome cattle from birth on open rangeland.
Their cattle never receive hormones or antibiotics, and are fed and all-vegetarian diet. This is a leaner beef.
USDA Prime and Choice Angus
Angus Beef is renowned for its excellent marbling, flavor and tenderness. USDA Choice beef is the highest quality grade of beef next to hard-to-find Prime – and all our stores carry USDA Prime.
Order Your Rib Roast
- Please order your roast as early as possible at our Meat Market. (Remember to call us if you can’t pick it up on the prearranged day.)
- For your convenience, our butchers can remove the bones and tie them back on for you. Just let us know when you place your order.
- We’ll season your roast at no extra charge. Let us know when you place your order.
What Size Rib Roast?
- Bone-in 1 lb. per person
- Boneless 1/2 lb. per person
- By the pound or by the rib: 1 Rib = approx. 2 lbs.
Preparing Your Rib Roast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place roast bone side down uncovered (preferably on a wire rack) in a shallow pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Cook until desired doneness is reached. (Internal temperature of 140 degrees for rare, 160 degrees for medium, and 170 degrees for well-done.)
- Pull out of oven 5 degrees sooner than your desired temperature, as the roast will continue cooking after removal from the oven, and the internal temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees. Tent roast with aluminum foil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- 1 duck will feed 2 to 4 people
- Cook at 350 degrees until internal temperature is 165 degrees
- If you want, heat orange suace 6 to 8 minutes and pour over duck
Veal Rib Chops
- 1 rib per person, 1 inch thick
- Broil at 350 degrees, 3 to 4 inches from heat, for 14 to 17 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees (medium doneness)
We feature delicious hams from Hempler’s B.B. Meat & Sausage Co., a family-owned business in Bellingham. Quality ingredients and an old-fashioned smoking process give Hempler’s hams a rich, distinct flavor. Choose from whole or half, bone-in or boneless, and spiral hams. Hempler’s natural, uncured smoked ham contains no nitrates or nitrites.
Baking a Ham
Score the ham fat in a diamond pattern 1/2 inch deep and insert whole cloves into the corners. Place the ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan fat side up, covered. Bake covered at 325 degrees F until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F. Remove cover and glaze. Continue baking until internal temperature reaches 160 degree F. Let rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
What Size Ham?
- Bone-In 1/2 – 3/4 lb. per person
- Boneless 1/4 – 1/3 lb. per person
Pork Crown Roast
- 1 lb. per person
- Cook at 325 degrees until internal temperature is 2=160 degrees
Bourbon, Molasses and Pecan Glaze
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled, finely ground
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
Boil juice and bourbon in small saucepan until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 6 minutes. Combine sugar, pecans, molasses and mustard in bowl. Add bourbon mixture; stir to form thick paste.
Leg of Lamb
- Boneless, 1/2 lb. per person; bone-in, 1 lb. per person
- Season with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper
- Roast at 325 degrees until internal temperature is 5 degrees lower than desired doneness.
- 140 degrees for medium, 150 degrees for medium-well
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing
Party Check List
- Hempler’s Bacon
- Breakfast Sausage
- Smoked Sausage – for snacks & hors d’oeuvres
- Fresh Meatballs – great for parties
- Seasonings and Meat Rubs
How Much to Buy
- Standing Rib — 2 People per rib
- Beef Tenderloin — 1/2 pound
- Top Round — 1/2 pound
- Rack of Lamb — 2 to 3 chops
- Leg of Lamb — 1/2 pound
- Spiral-Sliced Ham — 1/2 pound
BALLARD MARKET – 206.783.7922
TOWN & COUNTRY MARKET BAINBRIDGE ISLAND – 206.842.4982
TOWN & COUNTRY MARKET LAKEMONT – 425.653.2261
CENTRAL MARKET MILL CREEK – 425.357.3249
CENTRAL MARKET POULSBO – 360.394.7220
CENTRAL MARKET SHORELINE – 206.366.9981