- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme, dill or mint (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced into strips
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
In a mixing bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice and mustard. Slowly add oil to bowl, whisking constantly. Add remaining marinade ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
Thread chicken onto skewers, 1-2 strips per stick depending on size. Grill or broil until cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).