- 1 pork shoulder (2-3 pounds)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pint fresh figs, quartered
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Heat oven to 325˚F.
Cut pork into three or four pieces and season generously with salt and pepper.
Heat an oven-proof skillet with a lid or small Dutch oven to medium-high and add oil.
When oil is hot, brown pork well on all sides. Remove and set aside.
Add figs and shallots, season with salt and pepper and sauté for about 2 minutes or until onions are lightly browned.
Return pork to pan, sprinkle with rosemary and roast, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring every 1/2 hour until falling-apart tender.
Pull pork into pieces with two forks and serve on artisan buns.