- 2 pounds Bratwurst, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 12 ounces Bavarian-style beer
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot or Dutch oven and brown Bratwurst pieces. Remove from pan. Add onions and a little more oil if necessary. Cook until lightly browned - about 5 minutes.
Add sauerkraut, potatoes and sausages back to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and pour beer over the top.
Cover and bake about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.