- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 poblano chile, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano, basil or mint
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 6-9 ounces good-quality tuna, packed in oil
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and place in a large bowl. Add the sherry vinegar and marinate for 10 minutes. Add remaining vegetables, herbs and paprika. Adjust seasoning adding salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Separate tuna with a fork and gently toss with mixture.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
For a spicier version, add a cup of diced Spanish chorizo