- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) salmon steaks or fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon zest
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to serve
Preheat broiler. Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill or tarragon, lemon zest and pepper flakes in a bowl. Place salmon on a foil-lined sheetpan and brush heavily with half of marinade. Broil for 4 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade and broil again until fish flakes with a fork, about 4 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with lemon wedges.
Try this recipe on the grill, turning fish halfway through cooking. Other thick-fleshed fish works great for this recipe as well!