- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound wild mushrooms, any variety or a combination
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine, dry white wine or a large squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Add shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add wine and cook until evaporated (if using lemon juice, remove from heat and add). Turn off heat, add butter and swirl in pan to melt. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.