- 4 (4-6 ounces each) salmon fillets about 1 inch thick, skin removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Artichoke Crab Dip (available in our Fish Markets)
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons (about) poppy seeds or black sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to about 1/8 inch thick and cut into four squares. On each square, place 1/4 cup of the Artichoke Crab Dip, followed by a 1/2 cup (packed) baby spinach leaves and top with one piece of salmon.
Brush beaten egg around the edges of the pastry and fold the corners up and over the salmon. Press to seal. Place seam side down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with seeds.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes.
This can be made a day ahead and refrigerated – don’t apply the egg wash and seeds until just before baking. Great for company – all you need is a green salad with light vinaigrette or some steamed green beans or asparagus!