- 1 pound pasta (such as trofie or gigli)
- 1 pound asparagus cut into two-inch pieces on the diagonal
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 2 teaspoons zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (basil, oregano or thyme)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in a large quantity of boiling salted water. Add asparagus for the last 2 minutes and boil until asparagus is crisp-tender and pasta is al dente. Drain asparagus and pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking water,
Mix lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh herbs together in a bowl. While whisking, drizzle in oil until mixture emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper. Toss pasta and asparagus with sauce.If the pasta seems dry or is clumping, thin with the water used to cook the pasta.
Sprinkle with feta or parmesan and serve.