- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 large apple, skin-on, shredded
- 2 cups grated or spiralized veggies (butternut squash, zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts or pumpkin seeds
Grease a large 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil or pan spray, or line with paper muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, stir together first six ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in apple, shredded vegetables and coconut oil or butter. Add the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in raisins, coconut and chopped nuts.
Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. Bake at 375˚F,16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Store in an airtight container 2-3 days or wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.
Try substituting whole wheat flour for all or part of the flour, or use your favorite all-purpose gluten-free flour blend.