- 8 cups (about 12 ounces) mixed greens
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, orange segments, etc.)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Your favorite berry vinaigrette
- 4 ounces feta or blue cheese, crumbled
Combine everything except vinaigrette and cheese in a large serving bowl. Drizzle about 1/2 cup of vinaigrette around inside edge of bowl. Using tongs, gently toss to coat. Divide between 4 plates and sprinkle with cheese.
Add grilled chicken, salmon, prawns, steak or sea scallops to this salad to turn it into a complete meal.