- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cream or half-and-half
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Sauté onions, carrots and garlic until tender.
Add remaining ingredients except cream.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add cream and heat through.