- 12 ounces dried pasta such as spirals, shells or bow-ties
- 8-12 ounces cooked salmon, chilled and flaked into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (3.5 ounce) jar capers, drained (about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4-1 cup diced red onion (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse to cool the pasta and drain well. Transfer to a large bowl with salmon, capers, red onion and dill.
Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. Toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a great way to use leftover salmon.