- 1 pound fregola sarda, from Bulk Foods (or substitute Israeli couscous)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4-5 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add fregola and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until al dente (tender but firm), about 8-10 minutes.
While fregola cooks, combine oil, garlic and pepper flakes in a small saucepan or sauté pan. Gently warm over low heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
Place tomatoes in a large mixing bowl. Pour warm oil over tomatoes and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thoroughly drain fregola, then add to tomatoes and stir to combine. Add arugula and toss gently.
Serve as a side dish, warm or at room temperature, topped with Pecorino Romano.