- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
- Raw sugar crystals (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour loaf pans.
Whisk together flour, pie spice, baking powder, salt, and soda.
Beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla.
Mix in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, starting and ending with dry ingredients. Fold in dried fruit and nuts, scraping bottom of bowl.
Transfer batter to prepared pans, smooth tops and sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes for mini pans and 60-75 minutes for large pans. If bread gets too dark on top before it?s done, reduce temperature and increase baking time until done.
Place pans on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge, turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely before serving.