- 5 ears corn
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rings
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
Heat grill to medium-high.
Brush corn and onion rings with olive oil. Grill over direct heat, turning
until corn is cooked and slightly charred, and onion rings are softened and marked by grill, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from grill.
Shave corn kernels from cobs with a sharp knife, breaking up any clumps that stick together. Dice onion rings and mix with corn in a bowl.
Add red pepper, blueberries, lime juice and olive oil to bowl. Combine everything and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Just before serving, finely chop basil leaves and toss with corn relish.