- 1 pound cabbage, cored, quartered and shredded
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 small leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
In separate saucepans, cook cabbage and potatoes in boiling salted water until tender.
Drain cabbage and mash potatoes.
In a large saucepan, combine leeks and milk and cook over medium heat until tender.
Add potatoes, salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir until blended. Stir in cabbage and butter.