- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic.
Whisk in hot water.
Add remaining ingredients and whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Let stand at room temperature for one hour, or cover and refrigerate.
Add additional hot water by tablespoon to thin if needed.
Note: For a thicker sauce, use less water and more peanut butter. Great for a sauce over noodles, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, chicken satay, etc.