- 4 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced (or shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 3 mandarins, clementines or satsumas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
To make dressing, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes until translucent, but not brown.
Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Divided all salad ingredients except feta and pine nuts between 6 plates.
Drizzle with dressing to taste. Top with feta and pine nuts.
This is also delicious with grilled or smoked salmon.