- 2-2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) jar prepared black bean sauce
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Heat a large sauté pan on the stove to medium-high.
Lightly oil pork and season well with salt and pepper. Brown pork well on all sides. Remove from pan and add onion. Sauté, stirring frequently, until tender.
Transfer pork and onions to a baking dish large enough to spread in a single layer. Add black bean sauce and broth, stir to combine. Cover and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Remove cover and bake another 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning pork every 15 minutes.
Pork is done when nicely glazed and very tender. Serve over sticky rice, garnished with sliced green onions.