+ Add to Shopping List
- 2 slabs pork back (baby back) ribs, 2 slabs beef ribs, 1 slab pork ribs or 2 packages country-style ribs (about 5-6 pounds total weight)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons each kosher salt, ground cumin, sweet smoked paprika, onion granules, granulated sugar and brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder or 1 tablespoon ancho
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
Smoky Spice Rub (also available premixed in our Bulk Foods):
Combine marinade ingredients in a large zip-top bag. Add ribs and turn to coat. Marinate at room temp for 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator. Remove ribs from marinade and wipe off excess. Liberally coat ribs with spice rub (reserve any extra rub for another use). Preheat grill or oven to 250°F. To grill, turn off part of grill or move coals to one side. Place a disposable foil pan with water under grate on empty side to catch fat drips. Place ribs bone side down over water. Cover grill and cook 1 1/2 to 4 hours (pork back cooks fastest, pork and beef ribs take longest). Cook until tender. If desired, brush with a favorite barbecue sauce and place directly over heat on grill or under broiler for about 3 minutes per side. Serve with additional sauce. If cooking in oven, wrap ribs in foil and place on a baking sheet. Once done, either bake for 10 minutes uncovered to crisp up or broil as described above.
Recipe from Central Market Poulsbo - Culinary Resource Center
Some products may not be available at all stores.